to the ANNABEL LEE homepage of www.poepuppet.com.
What they are saying.......
"Incredible and incredibly disturbing visuals...Higham's short visually suggests a cross between H.P. Lovecraft and Clive Barker."
- Keith Olexa, FANGORIA magazine
- Joe Coleman, Artist (Cosmic Retribution, Original Sin)
- Brom, Artist (Darkwerks, Offerings)
"Terrific! I loved every minute...and was blown away by the rats, the skeletons and Death. It was nice to watch something done which respected the material used and at the same time was wonderfully moody and filled with vivid images."
"Visionary puppeteer George Higham emphasizes the inherent creepiness of moving puppets and sets them against a backdrop of rich expressionist detail. ANNABEL LEE stands as a visual triumph and Higham a name to watch for."
- Emma Anderson, RUE MORGUE magazine #28
"Brilliant...A stunning vision of Hell on earth."
- New York Press
- Paul Eide, editor, THE PUPPETRY JOURNAL
"A genius work of demented, twisted art...The visuals are stunningly detailed, and frightening in ways I never thought possible...This had me glued to the screen in awe."
- Sean Price, SLASH! Productions Web Reviews
"ANNABEL LEE, a fantasy of pure love presented in highly stylized puppetry, is a mix of striking fantasy, bizarre images and grotesque characters that is both nightmarish and touching."
- Dick Smith, Academy Award ® Winner, Make-Up (Amadeus, The Godfather, The Exorcist)
"In ANNABEL LEE, George Higham depicts the maelstrom of the mind - human experiences that defy words, whose dynamism demand more than the static arts of painting or sculpture."
- Sharon Packer, MD, Psychiatrist (author of Dreams in Myth, Medicine and Movies)